Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Tame Impala

A funny thing happened to me a few days ago. Strangely enough, I found myself listening to Lonerism over and over again on repeat. Then, on a whim I purchased Tame Impala concert tickets in a city hours from where I live.  After that I had a curious urge to go online and buy a Tame Impala shirt, followed by some vinyl. Speaking as an addict be forewarned, if you decide to pick up this album (which you totally should), you will find yourself digging deeper and deeper into a black hole of obsession.  Now, I know that I am a mere blogger, but holy smokes these guys have not failed to amaze me around every corner.  Lonerism, their sophomore record, is just as good if not better than the stunningly awesome InnerSpeaker.  They've achieved the same level of psychedelic adrenaline, dug deeper into their '60s roots, and in doing so have claimed throne to the hallucinatory rock reign. The best part about Tame Impala though is that their music goes way deeper than being a Jimi Hendrix imitator; on Lonerism Kevin Parker has proven that he can create original melodies and wandering bass lines that sound ultra fresh.  It's a marvel to behold.  I've posted a favorite, "Mind Mischief", below for you to indulge in.  After that, well...I don't need to say anything else, I'm sure you'll be hooked after listening.

 Tame Impala - Mind Mischief by snawn

No comments:

Post a Comment