Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Tame Impala

This is the news I've been waiting to hear for two years now: Australian psychedelic rockers Tame Impala have officially announced the release of their new album, Lonerism, due out in October later this year.  So what's that?  A 3-month wait?  Longer than I would hope, but I don't want to get too selfish here.  Truth is, two years ago in 2010 their debut InnerSpeaker meant wonders to me.  At that point in time it was one of the first albums in a long time that really floored me, and it definitely revamped my interest in earlier 1970s psychedelic artists.  Needless to say, I've been ready for this for a while.  Anyway, enough about me...they announced a new record, so what?  As you can imagine, along with the announcement is a new cut from Lonerism, "Apocalypse Dreams".  Spoiler alert; it's really good.  It's streaming on their website, where you can go for ongoing updates, but if you want to take the quick route you can play it below. Get amped!

No comments:

Post a Comment