Saturday, July 7, 2012

Sean's Jellies and Jams, Weekend List #1

Hi and welcome to Sean’s Jellies and Jams for your Summer Saturdays!


First, allow me to introduce myself.  My name is Sean and I am a fellow music fanatic, much like the majority of you that are reading this blog.  I love spreading the good vibes that music opens me up to on to other people, which is why I have been interested in creating playlists on a public forum for you wonderful listeners.  This is this first in what will hopefully be a weekly column I contribute for Audio Splash, where we provide a short playlist for your aural pleasure. Each week we will pick a theme and then select 5 or so songs that all connect back to said theme. These songs will be a mix of both old and new tracks, from the popular to the obscure.  So, I guess we'll see how it goes!  As always, we appreciate your feedback so if you have a suggestion for a theme or song or just want to complain to us, feel free to email us at audiosplashmusic@gmail.com.

And Here. We. Go…

This week’s theme is the journey. And no not that terrible 80s band that everyone seems to love these days, but an actual journey, or a "passage or progress from one stage to another".  Sound and synthesis has brought us to an age where artists really have the capability of not only exploring and progressing melodies but the ability to easily explore, create, and manipulate new sounds. When I think of the journey in music, I think of rich, dense, and exploratory sounds, which bring the listener along for the proverbial ride to that magical place within the artist’s mind. So this weekend, when you embark on your summer trip to the beach or whatever, bring along this playlist and turn your trip into a journey...

Bowls by Caribou
The Bold Arrow Of Time by Tame Impala
Trucker's Atlas by Modest Mouse

Bonus track: Although not the normal style of music found on this blog, I’m actually a huge Phish fan (I know, let the hate mail commence!). I had the great privilege of attending their show this past Tuesday 7/3, where they threw down two stellar sets of music. So as a bonus track for this week, here’s the track "Sand":


If you're interested in downloading the playlist in its entirety, you can do so here. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment