Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Sky Hiker

Earlier this month, I had the opportunity to interview one of my favorite ambient/chillwave artists Sky Hiker about his musical background, inspirations, and ambitions.  Now, on top of being kind enough to give such great and detailed answers to the interview, he has sent me his new track to hear and post on to the blog before uploading it onto his Myspace and Bandcamp.  The track is entitled "Run, Love, Fight" and it's off of his upcoming EP called thebeat myheart willskip.  It's a very uplifting and inspirational instrumental piece with a brilliant build towards the song's climax, making it a fantastic addition to Sky Hiker's earlier EP, Underwater Colors.  The intention of it is described as a "revolution which is happening in your heart", the song being a "journey with no return" where "going back isn't an option".  With this being said, I not only think the premise behind the song is a fantastic one, but it is also accomplished beautifully.  Given his great talent, I am looking forward to hearing what comes next!  Be one of the first to listen to "Run, Love, Fight" below:


And as he has mentioned in the interview, he is offering all of his music for free.  He has sent me the link, where you can download it here.  Be sure to check out his Bandcamp and Myspace for upcoming news and updates.  I'd also like to give a huge thanks to the Sky Hiker for sending me the fantastic track!

No comments:

Post a Comment